Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I have an electronics background so the idea of modifying my drone is very appealing to me. The UPair stock 200mw FPV transmitter is something that is often modified and this was one of the first modifications that I attempted.
Wolfwhoop W831 5.8GHz 40CH 600mW Mini AV FPV Transmitter for Aerial Photography

I replaced the stock transmitter with the Wolfwhoop W831 600mw A/V FPV transmitter (5.8Ghz 40Ch - Amazon Link: http://a.co/aeL3lhJ) It came with a plug and wiring on it's side and I cut the existing power, ground and video wires feeding the transmitter. I soldered the connections and added a bit of shrink tubing and it worked great. A very easy mod. After powering on the controller and quad, a few clicks of the 5.8ghz channel selector on the new vtx and all was working as it should.





2 comments:

  1. Was this mod performed on the V4 PX4 version of the upair one? im about to try the mod myself but want to make sure its okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is the PX4 V1.2 Board. Here is a page with several images of the controller so you can see if it's the same as what you are working with.

    https://aviatorsdronelog.blogspot.com/p/upair-one-v2.html

    ReplyDelete