Sunday, May 28, 2017

50th Flight


I would say definitively that the degaussing worked!  There was no tendency to toilet bowl on two successive stops in position hold.  I flew 1.1km North and stopped a couple of times along the way Even in windy conditions!  Very stable!  Even that tendency to depart to the right on takeoff seems to have cleared itself up!   Note: I also discovered that descending at full left stick down will not shut off the motors while you're in the air, but watch out for VRS (Vortex Ring State) on descent.  Later confirmed that there is a “landed” state in the PX4 board that allows the rotors to shut off.Flight Photo_0013.jpg
And lastly, I exposed some neodymium magnets to the alternating magnetic field of the degaussing coil after a friend of mine asked how badly the degaussing demagnetizing my motors?  Hmm, I didn’t think of that!  After 15 minutes of exposure, the unprotected neodymium magnet didn’t appear to have any loss of magnetism.  It must have but I couldn’t detect it without instrumentation. Neodymium magnets have a very strong bond!

No comments:

Post a Comment