Friday, July 7, 2017

UPair One Battery test. Documented 25.4 minutes aloft!

My 2.7 k camera has been causing me some problems.  The connectors are getting worn and causing the FPV video to be intermittent.   So I thought, "I don't need no stinkin' FPV", so I pulled the camera and the monitor off the controller and fired up the drone!

You still have to wait for a GPS lock to be established and you won't know unless you try to take off.  Although the motors will arm, the UPair won't take off.  Be patient, it only takes a minute or so then you're off!


Flying strictly line of sight without the FPV is fun, and the training is helpful in case of a system failure where you would need to navigate back to the home point without any visual aids.  (Yeah, I know.  RTH works but you still might need to fly your quad in manually...)


I even tested flying out 1000 meters and turning off the controller, yep, it fly's right back to home.


I'll post more, but here is a battery test I just completed an hour ago.  25 minutes and 23 seconds aloft with my UPair One!




Update:  Ok, don't interrupt RTH and hover until the battery shuts off!  Unless you are only 6 feet in the air with the camera and gimbal removed.  There was no damage to my naked UPair, it's flying just fine after the crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment